ProGen where commissioned by Entrade to design and build a high voltage (HV) to low voltage (LV) electrical system to support the integration of 1 MW combined heat and power generators to greenyard food production site in Boston Lincolnshire,
The project included the design and build of a new substation with a HV/LV 2000 KVA distribution transformer with coupled RMU HV switch and new LV switchgear panel.
ProGen were required to design and build all electrical systems, working with Greenyard Foods to keep minimum disruption to a live working food production site.
The services ProGen provided on the project included:
- HV/LV cable system design and calculations
- HV/LV design and build heavy duty cable containment systems throughout building snd CHP containers
- 24V/110V control cabling
- 230V/415V LV power cabling
- 33KV/11KV HV power cabling
- 230V/415V LV cabling glanding and terminations
- 80 meters of 11KV HV cabling glanding and terminations
- General and emergency lighting design and build
- Fire alarm design and build throughout building and CHP enclosures
- Civil works for cable trench
- LV testing and commissioning
- 11KW HV testing and commissioning with HV protection study carried out prior to works
- 11KV HV switching and documentation SAP services carried out
- Installation of HV/LV switchgear and transformers
The project was completed successfully within 16 weeks with Greenyard Foods live site remaining unaffected.