ProGen were commissioned by Edina to provide full LV/HV design and build of electrical services for a new site build bespoke 4MW single CHP system for Leeds Council, which was located within a basement in the Leeds city centre council office tower block.
ProGen were required to design and build all electrical systems, the project was particularly challenging due to it being within the city centre basement with deliveries being scheduled and work area being very restricted, the project had to be closely managed and co-ordinated with mechanical and other service contractors.
The two gas 11KV CHP engines electrical systems were all bespoke built, the services ProGen provided on the project included:
- HV/LV Cable System Design And Calculations
- HV/LV Design And Build Heavy Duty Cable Containment Systems Throughout Building And CHP Enclosures 24V/110V Control Cabling
- 230V/415V LV Power Cabling
- 33KV/11KV HV Power Cabling
- 230V/415V LV Cabling Glanding And Terminations
- 33kv/11KV HV Cabling Glanding And Terminations
- General & Emergency Lighting Design And Build
- Fire Alarm Design And Build Throughout Building and CHP Enclosure
- LV Testing And Commissioning
- 33KV/11KW HV Testing And Commissioning
- Installation Of HV/LV Switchgear
This was the first project for Edina and we successfully delivered on time and on budget, which has lead to ProGen carrying out several other installations for them.