Pinguin Foods with its 1,597 employees grows and processes more than 400,000 tonnes of products annually, at ten production sites.
Pinguin Foods is a pioneer & a market leader in healthy food products. For 50 years they have been processing a wide range of freshly harvested vegetables, herbs & fruit into frozen products for retail & food service.
ProGen were commissioned by Pinguin Foods to provide HV & LV switch panel services installation including the design, supply and installation of the following:
- The main incoming air circuit breaker supplying the new LV electrical switch panel was a 1600 amps ACCB
- The LV switch panel outgoing electrical ways incorporated one 1250 amp air circuit breaker supplying the A/B compressor panel
- Reconnection of the a/b coldstore compressor panel next door via new cabling and containment to replace the existing busbar supply through the wall
- Incorporated within the panel three new ABB digital meter units, which connected to the current BMS system allowing power consumption monitoring to continue.
- A TPN 630-amp isolator with a new power factor correction unit incorporated within the switchgear
- The new panel conforms to BSEN 60439-1 FORM 4 type 2