ProGen were commissioned by Corley + Woolley to deign and build a full electrical system for a new centre owned by Here-East, which is a purpose built home for The Victoria & Albert Museum’s (V&A) 250,000 objects and an additional 917 archives spanning the breadth of the V&A collection from fashion, textiles, furniture, theatre and performance, to painting, sculpture, ceramics, glass, design, architecture, and digital.
Further spaces were installed within the centre host pop-up displays, workshops, performances and screenings alongside live encounters with the museum’s work with a dedicated viewing gallery created to showcase a changing display of rarely seen large rolled objects from the V&A extraordinary collection of theatre stage cloths, carpets, textiles, tapestries and paintings.
With the project being predominately CAT A, ProGen worked tirelessly alongside Corley + Woolley to achieve an amazing result for the end client with a purpose build area for here east to showcase.The Project showcased all of ProGen’s strengths from design and installation of new bespoke LV substation with generator/UPS backup and data centre to Cat A and Cat B fit out of offices.
The services ProGen provided on the project included:
- LV cable system design and calculations
- LV design and build cable containment systems
- 230V/415V LV power cabling
- 230V/415V LV cabling, glanding and terminations
- LV testing and commissioning
- Design and build two LV switchgear with automated generator changeover
- Design and build of data centre with UPS generator backup
- General and emergency lighting design and build
- CAT A office space fit out
- Design and build VESDA fire alarm system throughout
The project was completed two months ahead of schedule and on budget with all services provided in house for full management control.