Pinguin Foods 1,597 employees grows and processes more than 400,000 tonnes of products annually, at ten production sites.
Pinguin Foods are a pioneer and a market leader in healthy food products. For 50 years already, they have been processing a wide range of freshly harvested vegetables and fruit into fresh frozen products (vegetables, herbs, fruit and culinary preparations based of vegetables) for retail, foodservice and the industry.
ProGen were commissioned by Pinguin Foods to provide HV & LV switch panel services installation including the design, supply and installation of the following:
- The main incoming air circuit breaker supplying the new LV electrical switch panel was a 1600 amps ACCB
- The LV switch panel outgoing electrical ways incorporated one 1250 amp air circuit breaker supplying the A/B compressor panel
- Reconnection of the a/b coldstrore compressor panel next door via new cabling and containment to replace the existing busbar supply through the wall
- Incorporated within the panel three new ABB digital meter units, which connected to the current BMS system so power consumption may becontinued to be monitored.
- A TPN 630amp isolator with a new power factor correction unit incorporated within the switchgear
- The new panel conforms to BSEN 60439-1 FORM 4 type 2