ProGen were commissioned by ABP to provide full LV/HV design and build of electrical and mechanical services to a new state of the art marine control centre on Grimsby docks to provide ABP with a new building to guide ships into the port.
The project also included design and build of a new HV/LV substation with backup generator and involved breaking into of the port private HV network ring to provide power for the new transformer and switchgear that would power the new building.
Each of the three floors of the new building where fitted with led lighting, power and heating with the edition of fire alarm and security systems throughout.
The services ProGen provided on the project included:
- HV/LV Cable System Design And Calculations
- HV/LV Design And Build Cable Containment Systems
- 230V/415V LV Power Cabling
- 11KV HV Power Cabling
- 230V/415V LV Cabling Glanding And Terminations
- 11KV HV Cabling Glanding And Terminations
- LV Testing And Commissioning
- 11KW HV Testing And Commissioning
The project was successfully delivered on time with the minimum of disruption to local business supplies within the network.